Sunday, January 26, 2014

Overview Week 3

                This week I focused a lot on my project.  My project was comparing the effectiveness and efficiency of doing a tax return at a client vs going to the client, getting all of their information, then coming to the office and preparing it.  I went out to two clients this week and got to prepare their returns in the field.  I got a better grasp of what I thought was better.  It was a lot of fun being able to go out to clients because I felt like an actual associate at Wipfli LLP, not just an intern.  I have learned now this week how to do a bank return and all the parts of them.  I did not realize that most banks are made up of three parts, a holding company, the bank, and a subsidiary.  This was very interesting to me because you had to prepare separate returns for each part of the overall bank.  When you finished each part you then created a consolidated return.  This is the part that was actually reviewed and is sent to the IRS.  I also learned this week how much I enjoy the people I work with.  I had to spend a lot of time with people outside of the office and it was great to get to know them.  I think this would be a great company to work for in the future because a lot of their staff is younger.  It makes it easier for me to get to know people when they are closer to my age.  I really enjoyed this week at Wipfli LLP.

No comments:

Post a Comment