Sunday, January 19, 2014

Overview Week 2

Overall I would say I have had another very successful week at Wipfli LLP.  I am learning a lot.  Like I mentioned in one of my posts, I have not taken a lot of accounting courses through Loras yet.  Since I was in Chicago last semester doing a marketing internship I could only take one accounting course throughout that semester.  All the other interns have already taken a tax and an audit class.  This makes me feel like I a little farther behind than them or that they may grasp concepts quicker than I do since this is my first time seeing the information.  I am trying to soak up as much as I can and ask questions.  I am slowly getting more confident in the work I do when we work on live projects.  It is really nice though having people always there to help.  I feel very comfortable asking anyone for help if I have a question.  I also am becoming good friends with the other interns.  We have kind of an unspoken rule that if we have a question we first come to each other.  We try to solve the problem on our own and if all four of us cannot figure out an answer we then go to one of our superiors and ask for help.  This has worked out great so far.  I now have different perspectives and different ways of saying things due to the other interns.  We all get along great too which I think helps with out with the corporate culture part of Wipfli LLP.  We all are a team and want each other to succeed.  I really think this would be a great place to work in the future.  It is my style of environment.  It is teamwork, welcoming, and intense.  Everyone likes to have a good time, but everyone works hard.  I think this will be a very rewarding experience for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment